The ground was very wet. I'm not sure how the water came in...but it seemed like a fountain, welling up in spots along the outer wall. Now the carpet is still damp, even after a couple days, but I have the windows open now, the sun looks like it is peeking out, and hopefully with the help of the fan (and maybe some febreeze?) the smell will go away. I thought wet dogs smelled bad, but wet carpet has them beat! It wouldn't be so bad if just the carpet was wet, but the padding is also soaked, and it is taking a long time to dry. Sigh. Fortunately for me, the cats haven't scratched or torn up the padding...yet...
Saturday, November 14, 2009
My dining room became a swimming pool during the rains of
Tropical Storm Ida. Arrgh!
The ground was very wet. I'm not sure how the water came in...but it seemed like a fountain, welling up in spots along the outer wall. Now the carpet is still damp, even after a couple days, but I have the windows open now, the sun looks like it is peeking out, and hopefully with the help of the fan (and maybe some febreeze?) the smell will go away. I thought wet dogs smelled bad, but wet carpet has them beat! It wouldn't be so bad if just the carpet was wet, but the padding is also soaked, and it is taking a long time to dry. Sigh. Fortunately for me, the cats haven't scratched or torn up the padding...yet...
The ground was very wet. I'm not sure how the water came in...but it seemed like a fountain, welling up in spots along the outer wall. Now the carpet is still damp, even after a couple days, but I have the windows open now, the sun looks like it is peeking out, and hopefully with the help of the fan (and maybe some febreeze?) the smell will go away. I thought wet dogs smelled bad, but wet carpet has them beat! It wouldn't be so bad if just the carpet was wet, but the padding is also soaked, and it is taking a long time to dry. Sigh. Fortunately for me, the cats haven't scratched or torn up the padding...yet...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment